Through its lobbying and advocacy activities, ANFIA represents and protects the financial, technical and regulatory interests of the Italian automotive sector at institutional offices and with the authorities, organisations and associations responsible at national and international level for industrial policy and individual and collective mobility of people and goods.
Through the development of analyses and proposals, participation in institutional forums, commissions, committees and working groups, ANFIA promotes and supports legislative and regulatory interventions in industrial, fiscal and environmental policy, which have an impact on the transport sector, logistics and road safety. It works to define positions that protect its members and assist them in investing in innovation and production.
ANFIA currently holds the Vice Presidency of OICA (Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles), as well as taking part, within the same organisation, in the activities of the Saloni e Fiere Committee. To these are added the Vice Presidency of CUNA (Technical Commission for the Unification of the Motor Vehicle).
At national level, ANFIA's main stakeholders are:
Government: Council of Ministers
- Infrastructure and Transport
- Economy and Finance
- Economic Development
- Education, University and Research
- Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Territorial Cohesion and Southern Italy
Parliament: Parliamentary committees
Local authorities: Regions, Provinces and Municipalities
Institutions and Associations: ACI, AGENS, ANAV, ANCMA, ANITA, ANIGAS, ASSOGASLIQUIDI, ASSOGASMETANO, ASSTRA, CISAMBIENTE, CONFINDUSTRIA, CSAI, CUNA, FEDERAUTO, ICE-Italian Trade Agency, NGV Italy, UNIONE PETROLIFERA, UNRAE.
At international level:
European Union, Italian representation in Brussels, Parliament and EU Commission.
In addition, ANFIA represents Italy in association with organisations that define policies and standards:
- ACEA (European Automobile Manufacturers' Association)
- CLEPA (European Association of Automotive Suppliers)
- OICA (International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers)
- CLCCR (International Association of the Body and Trailer Building Industry)
- UNECE WP29 (World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations)